Monday, June 2, 2008

Toph Action Figure WIP part 4

Okay, here's some more WIP pictures.
I Cut up the leg joints. It's not your typical joint design, I 'borrowed' it from Revoltech Revy. This way you wont disturb the flow of the sculpt with ugleh ball joints. But the down side is the cut is so visible, it disturb the flow of the sculpt Rolling Eyes Go figure...

The elbow is a normal hinge joint. I'm kinda surprised my wax is strong enough to make these Very Happy
So total Points of Acticulation (POA from now) is already 11! And I'm still going to add shoulder joint, hands, and feet. Oh boy...

For the pose, it's not great. Since this is only a test fit, the joints are all loose... very loose. So posing her is a bit of a challenge, at least for now.


Toph action figure wax sculpt wip 060108/><br/><br/><div align=

2 comments:

Geist said...

I have been reading your blog for a while now, and I really like where you are going with this poseable action figure as apposed to the statues. Toph is looking very good. I really have wanted to try my hand at action figures for a while now. I have some 3d computer modeling skills but I don't have much traditional sculpting experience. Guess I should practice more =P

Frikimidz said...

Thanks, Giest.
The Toph project is something I wanted to do for a long time. With super-posable action figures being the new trend, I think it's a good time to jump into the wagon.
You can't have too much practice. I also do 3d modeling :)
So if I can do it... so can you!

Cheers!