Sunday, August 30, 2015

Peridot mini bust from Steven Universe

Peridot Mini Bust
I sculpted this Peridot mini bust using paper clay with an epoxy core.
Below is a step-by-step progression of the sculpt.
she looked like Jedward in pic 4
Since I used paper clay, I need to dry the sculpt after each step. For that I used a toaster oven. After I finished and happy with the face, I sanded it smooth before adding the hair and other details. The finished sculpt was then sealed using sanding sealer. Sanding sealer is great because you can sand it more to get an even smoother surface. You can find sanding sealer in the wood work or carpentry section in your local hardware store. It's cheap and gets the job done.

Unfortunately I didn't take pictures while painting the sculpt. Maybe next time. The sculpt was painted using acrylic paint by airbrush and hand brushing.


The visor was made using a piece of plastic heated and shaped while warm. It takes a lot of trial and error, and it still doesn't look right even now. Oh well, maybe next time.

no visor is more tsun tsun
Thats it fir this post. Thank you for reading this far. Do follow me on tumblr,twitter and instagram if you like. I will also have new videos in my youtube channel soon. As soon as I can get my lazy ass to edit them.

Happy sculpting!





No comments: