Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Making of Lin Beifong figure

Hello everyone!

I've been busy these past months and haven't given this blog much attention concerning posts. That and I'm still just so dang lazy.

For this post I like to share what I've been doing in my spare time in the last few days. I've been a fan of Avatar the last air bender, you can see from the many (unfinished) sculpt projects I started. I will get around to finishing them... hopefully in this lifetime. Anyway, there is now a new sequel to the series and like any other ATLA fan I gobble it up!

As you might expect I again start a sculpting project. This time it's for Lin Beifong, the daughter of Toph Beifong from the first series. She is awesome. So awesome that, since there isn't any new episode last weekend, I vow to myself to finish a Lin Beifong figure before the next episode. And so it starts...

It is now been 4 days since I started the project and it is coming along GREAT. I'm quite surprised myself. Those time working in wee hours in the last few days really paid off. That goes to show if you have the will and motivation you can achieve almost anything. Here is the full gallery for your viewing pleasure.


WIP Lin Beifong figure by midztoyz WIP Lin Beifong figure by midztoyz WIP Lin Beifong figure by midztoyz WIP Lin Beifong figure by midztoyz
WIP Lin Beifong figure by midztoyz WIP Lin Beifong figure by midztoyz WIP Lin Beifong figure by midztoyz WIP Lin Beifong figure by midztoyz
WIP Lin Beifong figure by midztoyz WIP Lin Beifong figure by midztoyz WIP Lin Beifong figure by midztoyz WIP Lin Beifong figure by midztoyz

The figure stands 7 inches and is made from my new blend of modeling wax called MwaxZ-Cor. It is not made out of chocolate. It is actually red, but the camera didn't capture it quite right.

All that is left is detailing and smoothing the figure. My goal was to have a finished wax figure by the Saturday june 2nd, and I think I achieve that goal. Now I'm thinking to cast it and paint it too.

I've started a tumblr blog for this (and hopefully other projects) at http://www.tumblr.com/blog/midzfigureworks
It's updated daily at around 23.00 WIB (GMT+7), at least for this current project.



No comments: