Sunday, September 28, 2008

Pandevi 5aga figurine project: Bima WIP02

I've completed sculpting Bima for my Pandevi 5aga line.
I only need to sand her down and spray a coat of primer before painting her up.

I've learned much from sculpting at such a small scale. Mostly patience and a LOT of delicate needle work. All in all I'm happy with the result. Even if I think that I could do better, it's best to just finish it up and work on another piece (Arjuna). I'll update on the painting process as I go along.


More pictures after the jump!




I don't have my light tent set up so sorry for the crappy pictures. I'll retake them in the future.


Bima 3 inch figurine sculpted in MpoxZ epoxy putty 1/5 Bima 3 inch figurine sculpted in MpoxZ epoxy putty 2/5 Bima 3 inch figurine sculpted in MpoxZ epoxy putty 3/5 Bima 3 inch figurine sculpted in MpoxZ epoxy putty 4/5 Bima 3 Inch figurine sculpted in MpoxZ epoxy putty 5/5

On another note:
Sorry for the delay of the Arjuna follow-along article. Just stay with me on this. I'll get it done soon.

Happy sculpting everyone!

2 comments:

Geist said...

Heyya Midz, this is a nice looking figure, especially for the size. I've never seen the actual character, but good job! I really liked those sculpting vids that you put up, They really showed a lot of the techniques that people use. I've never actually seen how people put all of those fancy sculpting tools into action.

Frikimidz said...

Hiya Giest,
Nice to see you again :)
Thanks for the kind words. Youtube sure is a treasure trove of inspiration. As for the tools, I'll put up an article in the near future. Stay Tuned!