Monday, February 12, 2007

Toyfair memories...

The 3rd Jakarta Toyfair is finally over.



Before we begin, I would like to apologize for the lack of picture in this post. I forgot to bring my camera to this event T_T



It was a great event! Eventough I can't sell or trade my kits (I'll explain in later posts), the response from the crowd was astounding. At least in my views. The best part is when I tell them that my figure is scratch built, and that anybody can make it too. Many asks on the technique involve in the production process, the materials used, etc. Since I can't explain all the steps, that would take too long, I just redirect them to this blog. So be sure to stay tune for more tips and techniques in the future!!



In a bussiness point of view, the fair also was a great way to meet future clients. I've got some promising offer from individuals and companies wanting to commision a figure. To tell you the truth, I was flattered greatly by this. I never imagine the responses that I've recived. That made all the almost-non-stop-work in the past five weeks worthwhile. And because of that, I think I'll try sticking around in this figure-making-bussiness for now. The prospect is promising, to say the least.



I've met many interesting people there too! I've seen the form and face of my friends in the forums for the first time. I was quite surprised that one of them was built like a WWF wrestler XD. There was an aspiring local tokusatsu team called Spheres, which is no small feat considering the over saturation of imported stuff here. I really like the character design with this one, so i 'figure' (hint,hint..) something will come up in the future.



As with many toyfair, one of my main concern is my wallet. This time there's a lot of stuff. I have to resist the temptation to reach for my pocket. It was hard. At the end I bought 2 set of Gachapon. *Sigh* Oh well.



I'll post more after I try to recuperate.

Bye for now





powered by performancing firefox

No comments: